Come on board to the delivery of the only Royal Society of Public Health Accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer course, that is internationally recognised.
The course will be led by 2 experienced facilitators with over 25 years of working with Mental Health, Well-Being and Training delivery.
If you are a practitioner that works with vulnerable people, Support others in your role like a teacher or social worker, cares for someone day to day, run an organisation with a duty of Health & Safety, or would just like to understand Mental Health and how to mitigate poor Mental Health outcomes. Then this course is for you!
Did you know?
When we support young or vulnerable people for example the exposure to Vicarious (secondary) Trauma increases, teachers for example in the NASUWT 2019 The Big Question Survey reported that:
* 77% of Teachers reported having experienced increased levels of stress in the last 12 months
* 70% say that the job has adversely affected their Mental Health in the last 12 months
* 57% report that their job has adversely affected physical health in the last 12 months
* 85% suffered from a loss of sleep
* 23% Increased their use of Alcohol
* 14% Started using or Increased their use of Anti-Depressants
* With 3% using Self-Harm as a way to cope.
You can Look at the range of Mental Health Support needs Teachers report in the 2019 Survey (Page 13 – *More Than 5,500 Teachers Input)
This course is the online version of the 2 day Mental Health First Aid England course.
On completion participants will be certified Mental Health First Aiders.
- This course will teach you practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of Mental Health issues.
- Gain confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- You will complete the course and gain an increased knowledge of protective and risk factors, that can impact on Mental Health.
- MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
- This course is a blend of live training sessions, and Self-Directed learning activities.
The course will be made up of two days of virtual classroom sessions, along with some independent study. (Breaks will be facilitated throughout the day)
Participants must attend all online sessions to receive their completion certificate.
Session 1 – 27th October 2020 – 9am – 5.00pm * Breaks are included
Session 2 – 28th October 2020 – 9am – 5.00pm
*All course resources and materials will be sent out to you prior to the start of the course.
**If you are a small organisation contact us direct to discuss how we can support you to get the training you need for your team if you have a budget. Book Now!
This course will help you to reduce the cost of Mental Health related illness to your workforce, which costs industries £42-£45 billion each year.
Equating to an estimated £1,700 per employee in terms of sickness absence annually if not addressed.
The Deloitte report makes a positive case for employers investing in Mental Health, the people that represent your business, with an average return of £5 for every £1 spent.