This is the Youth version of the MHFA suitable for those supporting young people between the ages of 8- 16 years old. Our Adult course is the follow on. Special Introductory price!
Next course dates:
01st & 2nd July 2021: 9-5pm
14th & 15th July 2021: 9-5pm Book here!
This course is available as either an online or face-to-face training session. NEW PRODUCT!
A Father’s Child Services CIC have the whole Well-being of the people we support at core of what we do. #Firstaid4yourmind #RESPECT #Iammentalhealth
We are pleased to offer a range of ONLINE Youth MHFA England First Aid Courses. This course covers all the learning outcomes of the traditional face to face classroom course but is delivered virtually.
This online course trains you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
- This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub
- Learning takes place through four live training sessions spread across one to two weeks, with self-learning activities in between. See course structure section below for more detail
- Each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn